Because when I was 13 years old, I was sent home for my tank top straps being a little too thin, but a boy could wear a Cool Story babe, Go Make Me A Sandwich shirt and not be looked at twice.
Because when I was 17 and I told a guy “No” and the next day the word tease was painted on my locker.
Because when I was 18 and just wanted to be friends, I was a bitch.
Because I feel the need to say “I have a boyfriend” instead of “No” because guys respect other men more than they would ever respect me.
Because society screams “don’t get raped” instead of “don’t rape”
Because I am scared to walk alone at 10 PM
Because being beautiful is the most important thing I’ll ever do.
Because when I wear my favorite skirt “I’m asking for it”
Because the song Blurred Lines exists
Because no means no no matter how you fucking spin it
Because a girl was drugged and raped with a beer bottle, and the boys who did it are out on bail.
Because I owe you nothing
Because pepper spray is a gift I receive yearly.
Because I am asked if I have a boyfriend more than I am asked about my mental health
Because my clothes say more about my consent then my mouth does.
Because the wage gap exists
Because “not all men are like that” is said way too often
Because I feel the need to say “I’m not a feminist but…”
Because I’m writing this fucking piece”
– When you ask why I’m angry? (via brennanat)
- See Which Celebs Were Teen Parents
- See The Secret Facts About Spongebob
- The Top Party Schools in the US
- Find Out Which Foods Cause Acne
- How to Extend Battery Life in iOS7
- What the Color of your Pee says about your Health
- 10 Most RIDICULOUS Lawsuits
- How To Get Out Of A Ticket (99.9% of the time)
- 10 Things You Can Do With Coca-Cola
- 5 Reasons NOT to Run On A Treadmill
- 15 Secret Tips In Grand Theft Auto V
- Ridiculous Lines from Lil Wayne Songs
- Insomniac? Tips For THE BEST NIGHTS SLEEP
I hope this hits you
birdy, bon iver, kinny, love, lyric - inspiring picture on Favim.com on We Heart It - http://weheartit.com/entry/28200642/via/maratheclaw